To creatively up sell all events including weddings, executive meetings and corporate catering events. Serve as the primary logistical liaison between special events clients, groups and all operational resort departments. Direct and organize the Food & Beverage functions within F&B Outlets in order to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality and service to maximize profits. To assist in managing the sales effort of the resort, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, implementation of sales and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the resort while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Enthusiastically and proactively assist the Director of Sales and/or Sales Manager(s) in the sale of the Resort concept to group, corporate, leisure and wedding prospects in a way that best illustrates the identity of the brand as innovative and new
- Provide client support to include processing client leads, investigating resort and preferred guest program issues, and acquiring or sending collateral materials
- Provide resort support to include following up on outstanding responses, calling, faxing and emailing clients with responses and answering requests
- Handle all logistics for small groups meetings for key clients
- Report generation as needed
- Maintains liaison with other hotel – helps departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients
- Responsible for all administration of Banquet/Catering BEO’s and Resumes for Catering and Banquet events
- Handle all logistics for weddings, all local groups and events
- Plan, coordinate & manage banquet, catering, special events and holiday functions
- Develops and maintains client files
- Develops and implements sales and marketing strategies
- Assist with site visits with mock meeting set ups.
- Attend wedding shows coupled with performing sales calls with the Director of Sales & Marketing/General Manager.
- Work closely with the Sales & Events Coordinator
- Partners with Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations
- Effectively support relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base for future sales opportunities
- Be an active part of the property team supporting and developing the desired Resort culture
- Drive product quality and a unique guest experience at every opportunity
- Take pride in the overall look and feel of the resort never walking past something out of place
- Maintain a refreshing attitude focused on positive friendly interactions with guests and staff
- Develop and maintain strong interdepartmental relationships and open communication lines to assure efficient transfer of information.
- Be familiar with all company policies and benefits.
- All other duties assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing and the General Manager.
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered “inside” if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by resort environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to eight (8) hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the resort on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting, and visual ability to observe and distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the resort:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Enforce resort safety standards.
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and computer accounting programs. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of the resort, its services and facilities.
- Must have excellent leadership capability and customer relation’s skills. Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the staff member acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Proficiency in property management systems, including franchise specific systems.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA
Exempt Staff Members are not covered by the overtime provisions and do not receive overtime pay. Exempt Staff members are paid a fixed salary that is intended to cover all of the compensation to which they are entitled.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent level of education preferred.
Sales experience and or prior hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
Ability to provide and maintain a valid drivers license as the position may require the operation of motorized and electric vehicles.
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Azul Hawaii Resorts – Koloa, LLC standards. Refer to the property specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Azul Hawaii Resorts – Koloa, LLC, from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hawaii Resorts – Koloa, LLC rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the resort’s facilities. Staff members who violate resort rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.