The Catalina Island Company is a seeking a part-time/seasonal Zipline Base Camp Attendant for our Zipline Eco Tour in Descanso Canyon.
Under supervision of the Director of Descanso Canyon Activities, in accordance with the mission and vision of the Company, provides safe, informative and practical assistance for all customers. The main function, in addition to ensuring proper care of customer needs, is to create a professional and welcoming experience that each customer will remember and talk about for many years.
- The Zip Line Base Camp employee is responsible for, but not limited to, the following essential duties:
- Use customer engagement skills to ensure a memorable experience for each guest.
- Assure the safety and wellbeing of guests and employees at base camp.
- Monitor base camp radio and coordinate services to make sure all employee and guest needs are fulfilled.
- Educate guests about Santa Catalina Island and its many activities.
- Prep, clean and store course components and gear.
- Ensure base camp area is clean, safe and well-maintained.
- Appropriately respond to and handle emergency situations.
- Support other department staff members as needed.
- Assist with property maintenance efforts.
- Attend required meetings and trainings.
Check In Duties
- Welcomes approaching customers enthusiastically.
- Assists with tour check-ins, operates reservation and activity waiver software.
- Directs customers towards other basecamp amenities and waiting areas.
- Welcomes and assists customers with lockers, shoe rentals, and other necessities.
- Operates tix.com software for all retail and reservation purchases.
- Emails purchased pictures to customers and responds via email to inquiries.
- Understands and operates Picsolve software and printing hardware.
Climbing Wall Duties
- Daily inspection, opening and closing procedures of climbing wall and safety equipment.
- Fit harnesses and helmets correctly and supervise the use of all safety equipment.
- Assure the safety and wellbeing of each guest throughout each climb.
- Perform climbing rescues or retrievals when necessary.
- Assist other Zipline personnel when climbing wall is unattended.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both adults and children in both group and individual settings
- Must be able to handle stressful situations calmly and effectively
- Must be able to handle various tasks in a creative and motivated manner
- Must have a great attention to detail to ensure safety and overall positive guest experience
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
Prior experience with outdoor recreation, athletics, educational roles and/or zip lining.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Must be able to walk and stand for up to 8 hours.
Requires visual acuity and the ability to hear clearly in an outdoor environment.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs on a regular and continuous basis.
Must be able to lift between 50-100 lbs, occasionally.
Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, squat, stretch and grasp on a regular basis.
Requires manual dexterity to use and operate computer system and office equipment.
Each Zipline Base Camp employee is required to work in a fast paced, professional, and team oriented work environment. The majority of the work is conducted outdoors in climates from 40 degrees Fahrenheit to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Alcohol & Drug Testing:
Employees may not arrive on duty under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Because this position is a safety sensitive position, employees will be subject to random alcohol and drug testing if it is suspected that an employee is at work under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including misuse of prescription medications).
Part time Seasonal employees receive Employee Discounts on tours and activities as well as discounts at our Food & Beverage venues
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.